Guide to the Story Mode version of Eternity Vault (EV)
How do I get there?
In most cases the group leader will send out a summons right to the entrance. If you have to go there manually then you can access this operation from the Fleet. From the main fleet you can make your way to the interfleet transport taxi and take it to the ship Gav Daragon. The entrance is located on this ship.
Getting to the first Boss.
Once you enter the operation you will find yourself in a spaceship corridor that has escape pods on either side. You will need to click on one of these escape pods to get to the surface. Once you land on the surface you will be in the snow. You will need to find your way to a small ramp where the rest of the group will be gathering. Be careful not to go too far up the ramp or you will be attacked by the turrets at the top.
The first boss: Annihilation Droid XRR-3
At the top of the ice ramp there will be a large turret on either side. Once the group has gathered and is ready the first thing to do will be to kill these turrets. Once the turrets are dead the boss will come out. The group should gather at the top of the ramp ready for the fight.
- The boss will have a knockback. If you get knocked away you will need to run back to the fight.
- The boss will say "I have been armed with over 24 distinct weapons technologies". At this point he will shoot out missiles that do a lot of damage. When he says this everyone will need to gather close together behind the boss so the healers can easily heal the group. If you have some defensive cooldowns then this is a good place to use them.
- The boss will say "Enemy tactics analyzed, engaging storm protocols". At this point a red circle will appear under the feet of random group members. You need to move out of these red circles, but you don't have to run around in a panic. Simply step out of these and continue to fight the boss. If any more circles are placed under you then continue to step out of the circles and keep fighting the boss.
- A random group member will have a target placed onto their character. There is nothing much you can do to avoid getting damaged with this. It is important to make sure you are not standing right next to someone else so you don't damage them also.
Once the group is ready the group Tank will start the fight by engaging the boss. The tank will turn the boss away from the group and face him towards the door behind. Everyone else in the group needs to remain behind the boss during the fight. If you are ranged it is helpful to stand back and spread out. When he talks about his weapons technologies make sure you stack up together right behind the boss while he damages the group with his missiles. The healers will use their group healing abilities here and heal the group. You can use your defensive abilities here to ensure you are not taking too much damage. Don't forget to keep fighting the boss! You can spread out again after the missiles have stopped. Be aware of the other boss abilities listed above. Soon the boss will be dead and you can collect your loot.
Getting to the second boss:
Once the first boss is defeated you can make your way to the next boss. If you have a stealth character in your group, then often they will choose to take a shortcut and stealth past all the enemies while everyone else waits at the speeder back at the bottom of the ice ramp. If the group decides to fight through instead then the group will make its way through the big door and follow the path down and around to get to a cave entrance. Most of the enemies are fairly simple to fight, but be careful not to stand too close to the edge as some enemies have an ability that will knock you off and kill you. Once you find the cave entrance you will fight through a few more enemies until the cave opens up into a big lava pit where the next boss will be standing.
The second boss: Gharj
This guy will be standing on a big floating rock in the middle of a pool of lava. There will be smaller rocks leading up to the big rock. The group will jump on the small rocks and group on the last one just before the big rock.
- Red writing appears "Gharj is entering a frenzy". When this happens the rock platform starts to shake and another rock platform will appear. Make your way to the new platform before the existing one sinks. When he reaches half health some smaller enemies will also turn up at this point.
- Red writing "Gharj is preparing to pounce". A few seconds after this he will jump up and down and damage anyone within melee range. If you are ranged make sure you stand ton the edge of the rock to fight him.
- Ability cast "Pulverizing Slam". After the cast has finished he will slam the rock causing everyone to be knocked back into the lava. Make sure you run back to the rock as soon as you can.
This is a fairly simple fight while keeping your mind on the boss abilities. The tank will stand on the edge of the rock platform and face the boss away from the group. Healers and ranged DPS will stand on the opposite edge of the rock and melee DPS will be right behind the boss. You will need to damage the boss until the platform shakes. Make your way to the next platform using the stepping stones that appear. Ensure you make your way all the way to the opposite edge. The tank will follow everyone and tank the boss on the new rock where the stepping stones were. When the small enemies appear, make sure you quickly kill these. You will fight the boss and move platforms as required. Once the boss dies, all the platforms should float to the surface and you can collect your loot.
Getting to the Third boss:
After Gharj is defeated you can make your way across the stepping stones into another cave that leads outside. You will find that most groups will try and avoid fighting enemies here by trying to go around them. If this is the case make sure you follow closely. However, experience shows that most times someone always accidentally gets too close and the group has to fight the enemies anyway, so it's usually quicker to fight them as a group in the first instance. You will follow the group to a lava river and jump across the rocks to get to the next "Boss". (People never use the bridge as you would have to fight more enemies).
The Third Boss: The Ancient Pylons:
- This is actually a puzzle not an actual boss you have to fight
- During the puzzle solving there will be enemies that appear that you have to kill.
- The longer it takes to solve, the harder the enemies are that appear.
There are 2 pylon puzzles so the group will usually split in two. Each group will usually have a tank, a healer, and 2 dps. The groups will gather at their designated pylon and kill the enemies guarding it. Once the group is ready you can click on the pylon controls to start the encounter. There are 4 puzzle lines. The aim is to have the center icon match the icons on the outside on each row. There are control panels on the left and right that turn the middle wheel in that direction. There is a smaller console in the middle that locks the icon in place. While it is possible to "Solve" the puzzle, in this version it is best to only click the left panel until the icons match. Once they match you need to click the middle panel to lock it in place. Once both pylons are locked in place it moves onto the next row until all rows are solved. After each panel activation a group of enemies arrives. It is best to have the healer in charge of the panels and the dps ready to kill the enemies. Once all rows of the puzzle has been solved you will be teleported to the roadway between them and a box will appear that has your loot inside.
Getting to the fourth boss:
Once you have collected your loot from the puzzle box you can head on into the structure right in front of you. There are no enemies to fight here, you will walk into a room that has a bunch of enemies in stasis.
The fourth boss: The Infernal Council
- Each person can only damage one boss. If you damage another boss or heal another player you will get a debuff on you that makes you not able to do any damage or healing.
- Helpful to interrupt any casted abilities to reduce damage received.
Once you enter the room you need to stand next to the boss you intend to fight. Only one person per boss. Tanks will fight "Lords", DPS will fight "Marauders", and Healers will fight "Assassins". Ensure you do not use any ability that applies an effect to the group. Do not heal anyone else or damage a different boss. To start the encounter someone will need to click on the main control panel at the front of the room. Once your boss is dead you are able to use a single damage ability on another boss to help someone else out, however this will prevent you from doing any further damage. Once everyone has defeated their boss you can collect your loot.
Getting to the last boss:
After you collect your loot you can make your way through the hallway to the last boss. Jump down to the large platform below - mind the gap! Don't move any closer than this until the group is gathered and ready.
The last boss: Soa, the Infernal One
There are 3 separate phases to this fight.
- Boss will summon electric puddles that do damage. Do not stand in these.
- Boss will say "I have waited 20,000 years, but i will wait no longer". At this point the center ring and inner ring will collapse. Make sure you make your way to the outer ring of the platform on the west side.
When you first engage the boss he is shielded and will receive no damage. Once his shield drops you can damage him. Do not stand in the electric puddles. One he says the floor collapse phrase immediately make your way to the outer ring of the platform on the west side. Once the floor collapses there will be platforms to jump down to. Follow the group and jump down to these platforms. The healers will heal everyone on the way down. Eventually you will reach the next big platform and the next phase of the fight.
- Summon Mind Trap. The mind trap will teleport someone inside. DPS need to kill the mind trap as soon as it appears to free their trapped group member.
- Summon lightning ball. Red writing will appear on screen naming a group member that has been targeted by a ball of lightning. That group member needs to locate the lightning ball and run into it to destroy it.
- Group member will fly around the room. The member will eventually land and be able to rejoin the fight.
- Floor collapse. He will use the same phrase as the first phase. Once again make your way to the west side of the outer ring.
Attack the boss and watch the abilities he casts. When he casts mind trap make sure you immediately look for this and kill it to free the group member that will be trapped. If your name appears in red for the lightning ball, make sure you run into the ball so you don't let it damage the rest of the group. If you are flying around the room you will be able to rejoin once you land. He will use his floor collapse phrase like the first phase. Make your way to the outer ring on the west side. Sometimes you are flying when the floor starts to collapse and it will put you on the opposite side. Stay there on the outer ring until the floor collapses and then jump down to the platform below, you can then jump to the next platform where your group members should be. Keep following the group until you reach ground level.
- The mind trap and lightning ball abilities from the last phase are used here.
- The boss has an impenetrable shield. The tank will position the boss in a purple circle where some debris will fall and drop the shield.
The tank will reengage the boss. He will be shielded here so the DPS need to watch for the mind trap and kill that to free your trapped group member. The tank will position the boss inside the purple circle. Eventually a piece of debris will fall inside the purple circle and knock the boss to the floor and disable his shield. You need to focus your dps on the boss at this stage before his shield regenerates. After a few seconds his shield will regenerate and he will become immune to damage again. Repeat killing the mind trap and placing the boss inside the circle until he is knocked down again. Repeat this process until the boss has been defeated. You can then collect your loot.
That is the end! All bosses are defeated and the operation has come to the end!